threaded conversations and the email list

koos de heer koosdhr at auryn.nl
Fri Sep 10 11:45:48 PDT 1999

Dear Virginia, Barry, and Barbara,

As far as I know, the threaded conversations on
the different websites and this email list are
completely seperate. At various moments people
have proposed that this list would be linked to
or converted into a threaded discussion on a
website or a newsgroup, but unless someone has
done so secretly, that has not been done and I
don't know of any plans in that direction.
How about you Murli?

To the issue of trust - I agree that people who
contribute to this list have to know where their
contribution goes. The problem with that is, of
course, that we don't have any control over what
the subscribers do with the messages they receive.
It is indeed a matter of trust to assume that
all the subscribers can discriminate between
what they can and cannot share with others. I
always assume that what I send to the list is
going out into the world and I have no control
over it any more. But, having said that, it
does feel different to send it to less than 200
more-or-less likeminded people or to have it
out on a website for everyone to see. The
latter feels much more open and public than
the list and it would make me more cautious
in what I write. But as I said, I don't think
anyone is doing that or will do in the near
future.

Koos

koos de heer
auryn management advies