Salmon

Rhodes Hileman Rhodes at SmSys.Com
Fri Sep 3 06:47:06 PDT 1999

Jeff Aitken wrote:

> Rhodes, I have begun conversing with Jack about the open spaces he
> consulted for in the Deschutes River watershed.

Jeff,

It would be great to work with you again. I have it on my do-list to write
to Jack Donaldson, but have not yet done so.  (Is he on this list?)  He is
the obvious choice to work on this.  But is he willing?  Jack?  Are you there?

I am busy with a job search, so my time is limited, but this item has been
nagging me for a few months.  I think it's now or never for the fish.
Many people here in positions of gov't agency authority expressed
concern that the EPA directives to put Salmon first are going to
result in a lot of money and effort spent with the net result of even
worse conditions for the fish.

Patrick Mazza, of Climate Solutions, here in the Puget area, is predicting
climate changes here in the next couple decades that none of us will like.
Least of all - the Salmon.  See http://www.climatesolutions.org/

He is also urging us to make the shift away from fossil fuels, which Seattle,
and surrounding, is well equiped to do, both in terms of technical and
business capabilities, public sentiment, and available money.

All of this would certainly enter the mix at an OS.

--
Rhodes Hileman . Personal replies to mailto:rhodes at smsys.com .
All contact info can be found at - http://www.smsys.com/smaladdr.html