Hello

Harrison Owen owen at tmn.com
Sun Oct 31 05:07:25 PST 1999

At 09:05 AM 10/30/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Kathleen,
>
>Welcome!  Thanks for your wonderful questions.  I find Open Space doesn't
>lend itself to being sold.
Peg -- Super Well said!!! There have been any number of occasions when I
have found myself saying to a "client" -- Please don't even think about
Open Space until you have run out of all other options. Then come an talk
to me. It is not about "negative sell" but about really making sure that
space is truly open for all possible outcomes... Right from the beginning.
Just as participants must come because they care to (voluntary
self-selection) the same must be true for the sponsor, I think. God help us
if somebody "buys the package" when in their heart they really don't want
to (aren't ready to) jump into Open Space.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD  20854