Help: Teens and OS

owen owen at tmn.com
Wed May 26 11:46:48 PDT 1999

At 11:50 AM 5/26/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi all:
>I am talking with a respected community health program that brings 200 teens
>together with their 50 adult advisors for three days every summer for a
>leadership retreat about the possibility of doing a day or more of this event
>in Open Space.They are very excited about it but are skeptical (isn't
everyone?) that it
>will work with teens.  They have asked me for cases, for articles, and for
>phone numbers of folks who have used it with teens.  If you are willing and
>able, please post, or email to me: brief case summaries, phone numbers of
>contact persons, and/or references to written material to help me settle
>their jitters a bit.
There is actually quite a bit of experience with youth in Open Space.
Truthfully, the kids get it much quicker than adults. Peace Corps has used OST
worldwide for both volunteer development and youth development projects around
the world. There is a brief description of their work in the AtWork special
edition. Another person you might contact is John Perkins in Seattle who has
dopne several with teen in that area. Johns number is 206-329-9953, and I have
his email as newroots at wolfnet.com. I see if Ican fax you some of the
appropriate articles.

Harrison
Harrison Owen