large open space report

Jay Vogt JayWV at aol.com
Wed Jun 16 05:21:19 PDT 1999

In a message dated 6/15/99 1:02:07 PM, jeffa at tmn.com wrote:

<<The closing circle that day was conducted in darkness because we only had
30 minutes, and decided to use an audience-voting system (handheld devices)
which projected the results immediately onto a projection screen. It did
not feel so intimate, but the feedback was clear to all.>>

In the spirit of experimentation and learning, I also tried this technology
at a closing circle at the request of a client.  We generated data which was
intellectually useful, but energetically it was a downer.  The same group had
done Open Space without it the year before, and they noticed and disliked the
difference.
Jay