fast company open space event media

Birgitt Bolton birgitt at worldchat.com
Mon Jun 14 06:54:34 PDT 1999

Hello friends and colleauges in Open Space,

just reporting back that we had a wonderful Open Space for the Toronto group
of Fast Company magazine (about 150 people). The closing circle was
incredibly powerful with people really getting (after only one day in OS in
the downtown Toronto fiancial district) that they really communicated, that
they experienced during the day creativity, conversation, good feeling that
they would like to have for all of their days. Such profound comments. The
banker who intended to shake hands at the beginning of the day and be
gone--but said the biggest compliment he could give to the day was that he
stayed all day, which he did. There will be  a write up in Fast Company
magazine at some point in the early fall about this event. I hope they do
right be Open Space and not just about the promotion of the Fast Co.
community--one never knows these things ahead of time, but I think it will
be worth keeping an eye out for as a document of a spectacular OS. I would
also encourage each of you who feels so inclined to connect with your local
group of Fast Co. magazine readers and see if we can't just get an OS event
going for these groups around the world. I know Michael Herman has done one
in his area. Apparently, within weeks, one is being done in Washington. And
I know I am meeting with the Fast Co. folks in Australia when I am there. I
think that the partnering of role modelling transforming  work with a
magazine that focuses on transforming work is a good fit.

One of our national papers did a feature story on the event. Front page of
Canada's Financial Post (part of National Post) on Saturday June 12th. The
address for those of you inclined to read it is:
http://www.nationalpost.com/network.asp?f=990612/2714156 and the article was
called Brainstorming without a net. If you can't get to it through that
address, the address for National Post is: http://www.nationalpost.com/ and
then just go to Financial Post June 12th.

Warmest regards,
Birgitt

Birgitt Bolton of Dalar Associates
www.openspacetechnology.com
55 Ravina Cres., Ancaster, Ontario, Canada
 L9G 2E8
phone: 905-648-5775  fax: 905-648-2262