Autopoiesis

Birgitt Bolton birgitt at worldchat.com
Thu Jan 21 16:45:46 PST 1999

Okay Joe, but can you elaborate.  The way I see it no matter how much an
acorn wants to seize other possibilities, like maybe become a kitten, the
inevitable oak tends to happen, or death maybe, but never a kitten. I have a
struggle with "out of nothing comes something". Seems to me, there is a
design here. I kind of see it like "in the beginning was Open Space " and
the theme was creation of the universe or one song. And the space was held
in the same way that all good facilitators hold it. From our teeny weeny
perspective, we can't see that facilitator, but from a bigger perspective
the facilitator is clear as clear.

And the first three topics that popped up and were prioritized and acted on
were chaos and order and the dance between the two which is love. Order
provides the designs, the information, the possibilities. Chaos provides the
opportunity to seize the possibilities that are there. And then another
topic got posted and isn't yet really attended to---the topic of random.
Which is related to both chaos and order and is both creator and destroyer.

Birgitt