Calling the Circle

Don Ferretti dferrett at placer.ca.gov
Thu Jan 14 15:46:46 PST 1999

There is a group that wants to get what people normally expect out of a
traditional strategic planning process (i.e., vision, mission, SWOT, goals,
objectives, etc.) to meet government funding requirements. My feeling is that
calling the circle together in open space will meet all these needs. But I don't
know this from personal experience. What would be a theme, or focus question for
an open space that might allow all those strategic plan elements to surface? Any
experience in using OST for strategic planning?

This is meant to be a generative question. No lectures please.

Don Ferretti