Open Space facilitators

ralphsc ralphsc at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 25 04:14:46 PST 1999

Hi,

On the question of convening a session during an OS event one is
facilitating. I think it can work, and, of course, it's not always
appropriate.  Harrison's remarks make sense to me.

I believe I've done it three times during client engagements, all times
with no deleterious effect, I feel quite certain, on the quality of the
space.  One of those times, I did sense that I had relatively little
credibility on the topic in question, so I might as well have been
pissing in the wind.  On another occasion I wanted desperately to get
involved and held off because I sensed it would be a violation somehow.
So I resolved not to accept assignments on that particular topic again
and only attend as a participant.

Ralph Copleman