Drop Off in Numbers

Peg Holman pholman at msn.com
Sat Dec 18 09:49:54 PST 1999

Whether called "passion overload" or "freedom shock", I think there is a
capacity building that OS invites.  A strong analogy that comes to mind are
the stories I have read about the number of Holocaust survivors who died
within weeks of being freed.  Many died from being given a normal meal to
eat for the first time in years.  Their stomachs didn't have the capacity to
hold the meal most of us take for granted.  When people have been operating
without for so long, for some, it takes time to hold what is their
birthright.

Peg Holman