Musings on the Law of Two Feet

Richard Charles Holloway learnshops at thresholds.com
Wed Aug 11 12:40:18 PDT 1999

Don...

thanks for sharing your thoughts on the LO2F!

actually, I enjoyed one specific comment you made, as it mirrored my
thoughts/behavior.  You wrote:

"I use it in my daily life whenever I can. "

That's where I use it also...and using it lets the OS experience become an
extension of my daily life.  LO2F demands "conscious" behavior and
self-awareness ALL THE TIME.

I exercise LO2F to advocate on my behalf (as Peg has suggested); to clarify
or inquire of myself...and others...about my (our) present condition; and/or
to simply go where I add value to myself and to others.

Where LO2F becomes quite dramatic is when we find people who are unused to
experiencing autonomy within organizational or group settings.  Finding
oneself "in charge" of oneself can be pretty heady stuff.

regards,

Richard

------------------
". . .it did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what
life expected from us. . .Our answer must consist, not in talk and
meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means
taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to
fulfill the task which is constantly set for each individual." -Viktor
Frankl

Richard Charles Holloway -
P.O. Box 2361, Olympia, WA 98507 USA Telephone 253.539.4014 or 206.568.7730
Thresholds <http://www.thresholds.com>
Meeting Masters <http://www.thresholds.com/masters.html>