Visit the new World-wide Open Space web site

Larry Peterson lpasoc at inforamp.net
Fri Aug 20 06:27:39 PDT 1999

Is it Self-organizing or self-organizing, (atman or Atman, spirit or
Spirit)? I agree with Harrison, it is both/and.

I think the scientific community uses "self organizing" to refer to the
learning that order is emergent rather than imposed when "the conditions are
right". There are principles at work that seen to enable self-organization.
(As opposed to assuming that real order is imposed by some "outside" force.)
This can be demonstrated with some scientific precision at this point, a new
learning for science and organization theory. Birds flocking in computer
simulations, etc.  In fact all order is emergent within its context and
principles

Many of us see another level of that reality, as Ken Wilbur suggests, where
Spirit is continually manifest in each moment of order. Open Space allows us
to be more aware of that manifestation and more intentional about creating
the conditions and more open to Spirit's intention in that manifestation.

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation
41 Appleton Ave., Toronto, ON,