EVENING OPENING

Parkinson & Gibeault dgp at cyberus.ca
Wed Apr 7 16:03:52 PDT 1999

To Micheal Herman,

It works very well in my experience. Especially when the group only has
one full day I actually encourage them to start the night before and
have one round of discussions. It takes away the anxiety, they get into
the action, the laughter is easy late at night and the buy in is great.
The evening talks over a beer or whatever that follows and overnight
incubation all contribute to a crowd that is ready to move on the next
day. Studies have apparently demonstrated that getting people on the
task the night before, whatever the facilitation approach is, brings
more productivity the next day. I've  seen the difference lately with a
group of 120 who had speeches the first night and slept on their anxiety
about OS. Participants themselves recommanded we start the night before
the next time.

That's my story.

Diane Gibeault
191 Juliette Ave.