OS in low trust environments

MCSTEVENS at aol.com MCSTEVENS at aol.com
Wed Oct 28 21:01:11 PST 1998

In a message dated 10/27/98 11:12:11 PM Pacific Standard Time,
FamilyFirm at AOL.COM writes:

<< I experience the two as levels in an organization (or a person).  At the
core
 where deep purpose abides change is very slow.  On the surface, especialy in
 these times, change is almost continuous and the capacity for change is a
 survival requirement.  I think that the capacity to sustain continuous change
 may lie in connectedness to the core.  And to the ability to articulate deep
 purpose, to live it, and to others through it.

 So seen in this light the capacity to change may be intimately linked to
 clarity about the core, that which abides.  The deep purpose that is
 relatively uneffected by the changes on the surface. >>

This is interesting.  I have just read the book "Leading Change:  The argument
for Values-Based Leadership" by James O'Toole in which he says much the same
thing.  Good book.

Cathy