os and education

ralphsc ralphsc at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 21 17:39:52 PDT 1998

Dear Birgit and others who want to attach documents to e-mail.

The best advice I've received about attahching documents to e-mail came from a guy who runs websites and listserves for a living.  His advice: don't.

Instead take the few seconds it needs to cut and paste your document directly into your e-mail message.  This prevents perfectly good language from being converted into gibberish.

In the case of Birgit's recent attachment, it came to me as too big to open ­ because somehow each typed letter had been blown up to fill a whole page.  Yes, that big.

I got it back down to size and can now appreciate it, but a word to the wise.

Best, Ralph