Attention!! Re: Confirmation Notices

Murli Nagasundaram rismurli at cobfac.idbsu.edu
Tue Oct 27 21:02:11 PST 1998

Folks, here's a way to ensure that confirmation notices don't fill up our
space.  Our list has an automatic confirm feature which drops people off
the list from time to time if they don't confirm participation.  I'm going
to find out how to turn this off, so that nobody has to confirm.  This is
useful for lists that have seasonal turnover of participants, such as
university classes.  That is unlikely to happen in our list.   In the
meantime please do the following.

When you receive a confirmation notice

1.  Open a NEW message (i.e., DON'T  reply to the confirmation notice)
2. In the To: field, type: LISTSERV at LISTSERV.IDBSU.EDU  (i.e., NOT
oslist at listserv.idbsu.edu)
3. Leave the subject field blank
4. In the message area, type:
             CONFIRM OSLIST
5.  Send the message
6.  Pray.

The last step is optional, and will have absolutely no effect on your
results.

Murli
Murli Nagasundaram, Ph.D., Asst. Prof., Computer Information Systems
College of Business, Boise State University, Boise, ID 83725-1615, USA
voice:(208) 426-3905; fax:(208) 426-1135; email: rismurli at cobfac.idbsu.edu
Home Page: http://www.idbsu.edu/business/murli/
You can observe a lot just by watching.  -- Yogi Berra