OS in a prison??

Birgitt Bolton birgitt at worldchat.com
Tue Oct 27 16:49:08 PST 1998

An opportunity is perculating for me to do an OS in a federal prison in
which there is much unrest throughout, high potential for a violent outbreak
soon if there isn't intervention of some sort. Some of the prison staff are
putting a proposal together for an OS as a means of talking things through
with the hope of creating a safer environment. I realize that the five
conditions for OS to work are present. Have any of you attempted this? Do
you have thoughts that will help me in my thinking about whether to do this
or not.

Wearing other hats in other times, I have visited a number of prisons. The
environment, the mentality, the "cagedness" are not unknown to me. Is it
better to just leave this one alone. The natural course of events is likely
to lead to a violent outcome. OS may accelerate this. Or engage people's
spirit in a way that causes their pain to be enhanced. Or may help them
reconnect, which would be good.

Thanks for your thoughts
Birgitt

Birgitt Bolton of Dalar Associates
www.openspacetechnology.com
55 Ravina Cres., Ancaster, Ontario, Canada
 L9G 2E8
phone: 905-648-5775  fax: 905-648-2262