Preconference work

Michelle Cooper coopgrp at interlynx.net
Wed Jun 24 15:36:07 PDT 1998

I agree with the advice  too.  In my last group where there was a very
pregnant pause, one of the participants who felt anxious decided that she
should get up and go around the circle and whisper in topics into different
person's ears.  It created great amusment for the participants and then
people got into the spirit.  It started by individuals asking questions,
then the whole group responded "post it as a topic!".  The tension of the
opening pause is very difficult, but I agree, no icebreakers (at least not
planned ones!!!)
Michelle
   Michelle Cooper
The Cooper Group Consultants