Open Space in Cyber Space

Birgitt Bolton birgitt at worldchat.com
Tue Jun 23 18:17:43 PDT 1998

Hi Joe,
I've not used an on-line meeting prior to an Open Space face to face
meeting---only after to do follow ups and build from what has
happened---and that works exceedingly well.

It seems to me that if you do your on-line pre-conference meeting in Open
Space, it would not take away from the great stuff that happens once you
are there. That would be like saying that when we do more than one Open
Space meeting in a row (separated out by a few weeks maybe) that the
creativity/synergy/chemistry of the second would be less because of the
first. In fact, the second is heightened and goes deeper, in my experience.

Please let us know what you do and how it goes.
Birgitt

Birgitt Bolton
Dalar Associates/Change Team Canada
55 Ravina Cres., Ancaster, Ontario, Canada L9G 2E8
phone: 905-648-5775    fax: 905-648-2262

----------
> From: FamilyFirm at aol.com
> To: OSLIST at LISTSERV.IDBSU.EDU
> Subject: Re: Open Space in Cyber Space
> Date: June 22, 1998 8:03 PM
>
> I would greatly appreciate any words of wisdom any of you may have in
> combining Open Space and CyberSpace.  I am co-chair of an international
> conference for an organization.  It is our annual conference and the
> association's members are advisors and consultants from many disciplines
who
> serve family owned businesses.  The theme is "Continuity and Change:
Expanding