Open Space in Cyber Space

Chris Kloth kloth at tmn.com
Tue Jun 23 01:00:19 PDT 1998

Joe Paul,

I assume someone from Meta Net probably has seen your request and
responded.  But incase they are busy with their cyber conference
planning, I suggest you contact Lisa Kimble, Scott Burns or Amy Eunice
at www.tmn.com.  They are in the process of setting up a second annual
conference in cyberspace which will include open space.

There is a community of interest in the world known as "civic
networking" which is doing a lot of learning that speak to the concerns
you raise.  Lisa mand Amy did a workshop I attended at ODNet last yeat
that was very helpful to me.  The punchline, for me was this: All of the
dynamics that occur in f2f meetings can occur in cyberspace and so all
the planning you would normally to facilitate group interatction are
appropriate in cyberspace.

Chris