Connective Tissue: Trust & Mutual Respect

Ralph Copleman ralphsc at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 18 03:41:37 PDT 1998

Chris,

Thanks for your off the cuff response, mid-length version, whatever.

Can you imagine mutual respect without trust (between people, not nation
states)?  I can't.  How about trust without mutual respect?  For me, same
answer.

Is it a distinction that matters?  Maybe this is a discussion of
semantics.  We can all do what's comfortable and work on the differences,
etc. that arise.  All grist for the mill.  I see your point about the
possibly less transactional quality of trust, but to me it's not
important.

I don't know what I'm going on about.  Let's talk of something else.

What goes on with distrust (or mistrust if you prefer) and/or mutual
dislike/disrespect in open space?

Ralph