Birmingham

Barry Owen barryo at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 31 11:34:29 PST 1998

Cathy,

Below is an abbreviated invitation to the Birmingham Training. Feel free to
email or call me directly with any specific questions.

Thanks and be well,

Barry Owen

You're invited . . .

Open Space Technology
An introduction to a strange new world of self-organizing systems.

Harrison Owen, the originator of Open Space Technology and the Open Space
approach for planning, working, and learning in organization, will provide
an environment for you to immerse yourself in the emergence/evolution and
process facilitation of this model for transformation in organizations.
This will be the first training to be held in the Southeast USA. The
program (January 26-30) will include lecture, discussion, and plenty of
Open Space . . . But it won't be ALL Open Space!

How to find more information about Open Space Technology: Web-sites are
springing up all around us about Open Space. There are currently 4 Open
Space Institutes (United States, Canada, Austria, & Australia), and the
internet is becoming a place for documenting Open Space research and
stories. Currently, the sites with the most information are:

Worldwide Open Space "http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/9215/"
Open Space Institute: http://www.tmn.com/openspace/
H.H. Owen & Co.: http://www.tmn.com/~owen/

What happens during the 5 days of training?

Day 1: (Evening) Expanding Now - The role of the Facilitator/Welcome,
Introductions, Overview

Day 2: Setting the context - Organizations in Transformation / Chaos and
Creativity - The Beginning of Transformation / First Open Space - theme:
Gifts of Chaos / The Process of Transformation / Life with Open Space
(Evening Fireside)

Day 3: Setting the Context (continued) / The Forms of Transformation /
Second Open Space - theme: Gifts of the Spirit / Sustaining Transformation:
Creating Culture that Works in Open Space

Day 4: Third Open Space - A learning Expedition / Creating Organizations
that work - now and for the next millenium.

Day 5: Closing the Space / Nuts and bolts (Questions and answers) / Closing
to finish at noon (+ or -)

How to get the MOST from this training: 1)  Read Open Space Technology: A
User's Guide
2)  Convene an Open Space event even if only with neighborhood children 3)
Read Expanding Our Now

Dates: January 26-30, 1999 (reserve room for 26, 27, 28, 29)

Place: Twin Pines Resort & Conference Center - Just South of Birmingham,
Alabama
Phone: 205-672-7575 / Fax: 205-672-2103
Website:  "http://twinpinesresort.com/"

Make room reservations directly with the conference center and reference
"The Owen Group"

Costs:  Rooms, all meals, and all conference facilities - Single Occupancy:
$129.91/person/night
Double Occupancy: $116.82/person/night

Registration and training fee: $750 per person. Please make checks payable
to Barry Owen in US dollars

Barry Owen
5518 Kendall Drive
Nashville, TN 37209
Phone: 615-356-2888 / Fax: 615-269-0928
Email: barryo at bellsouth.net

Please call if you are in need of an alternative cost/payment arrangement.

--
Barry Owen
The Owen Group

The Global Open Space Institute Website
"http://www.geocities.com/athens/oracle/9215"

Simply living the FourFold Way in Open Space