Birmingham

MCSTEVENS at aol.com MCSTEVENS at aol.com
Thu Dec 31 10:38:19 PST 1998

It seems my schedule may now allow me to attend the January training in
Birmingham, but by now I can't find the info.  Can someone please help?

Many thanks!  and Happy New Year!
Cathy

Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 13:25:20 -0600
To: OSLIST <OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU>
From: Michael Herman <mherman at mcs.net>
Subject: Re: Open Space Training

--------------4974AD3A7C2B49A53DD5564F

--
Michael Herman
Manager, Mediator, Educator, Writer

Michael Herman Associates
300 West North Avenue #1105
Chicago IL 60610
312-280-7838 voice
312-280-7837 fax
mherman at mcs.net

Visit <http://www.mcs.net/~mherman/> for the Global Chicago
Calendar and other resources for creating best possible outcomes...
in world wide open space.

--------------4974AD3A7C2B49A53DD5564F

<HTML>

<P>Barry Owen wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE> Greetings folks . . . The first news of the
day is that there were exactly SEVEN snowflakes fallen on Nashville this
morning.

<P>Else, I am passing along an abbreviated invitation for the OS training
in Birmingham (January 26-30) in the hope that you will pass it along to
people you think would benefit from this training. We have reduced the
cost of the registration and have put in our order for a beautiful weather
week at Tine Pines Resort & Conference Center.

<P>Open Space Technology
<BR>An introduction to a strange new world of self-organizing systems.
<BR>with . . . Harrison Owen, the originator of Open Space Technology

<P>What happens during the 5 days of training?

<P>Day 1: (Evening) Expanding Now - The role of the Facilitator
<BR>Welcome, Introductions, Overview

<P>Day 2: Setting the context - Organizations in Transformation
<BR>Chaos and Creativity - The Beginning of Transformation
<BR>First Open Space - theme: Gifts of Chaos
<BR>The Process of Transformation
<BR>Life with Open Space (Evening Fireside)

<P>Day 3: Setting the Context (continued)
<BR>The Forms of Transformation
<BR>Second Open Space - theme: Gifts of the Spirit
<BR>Sustaining Transformation: Creating Culture that Works in Open Space

<P>Day 4: Third Open Space - A learning Expedition
<BR>Creating Organizations that work - now and for the next millenium.

<P>Day 5: Closing the Space
<BR>Nuts and bolts (Questions and answers)
<BR>Closing to finish at noon (plus or minus)
<BR>
<BR>How to get the MOST from this training:
<BR>1)  Read <U>Open Space Technology: A User's Guide</U>
<BR>2)  Convene an Open Space event even if only with neighborhood
children
<BR>
<BR>If you REALLY want to be ready for this training:
<BR>
<BR>Read <U>Expanding Our Now</U>
<BR>

<P>Dates: January 26-30, 1999 (reserve room for 26, 27, 28, 29)

<P>Place: Twin Pines Resort & Conference Center - Just South of Birmingham,
Alabama

<P>Website:  "<A HREF="http://twinpinesresort.com/">http://twinpinesresort.com/</A>"

<P>Phone: 205-672-7575
<BR>Fax: 205-672-2103

<P>Make room reservations directly with the conference center and reference
"The Owen Group"

<P>Space is limited to the first 40 registrations only.

<P>Costs:

<P>Rooms, all meals, and all conference facilities
<BR>Single Occupancy: $129.91/person/night
<BR>Double Occupancy: $116.82/person/night
<BR>
<BR>Registration and training fee:

<P>$900 per person. Please make checks payable to Barry Owen in US dollars
and send to:
<UL>Barry Owen
<BR>The Owen Group
<BR>5518 Kendall Drive
<BR>Nashville, TN 37209</UL>
Please call if you are in need of an alternative cost/payment arrangement.
<BR>
<BR>Contact for additional Info:
<UL>Barry Owen
<BR>5518 Kendall Drive
<BR>Nashville, TN 37209
<BR>Phone: 615-356-2888
<BR>Fax: 615-269-0928
<BR>Email: barryo at bellsouth.net</UL>
 </BLOCKQUOTE>

<P>--
<BR>Michael Herman
<BR>Manager, Mediator, Educator, Writer

<P>Michael Herman Associates
<BR>300 West North Avenue #1105
<BR>Chicago IL 60610
<BR>312-280-7838 voice
<BR>312-280-7837 fax
<BR>mherman at mcs.net

<P>Visit <<A HREF="http://www.mcs.net/~mherman/">http://www.mcs.net/~mherman/</A>> for the Global Chicago
<BR>Calendar and other resources for creating best possible outcomes...
<BR>in world wide open space.
<BR> </HTML>