Thoughts on changing the name of this list

Murli Nagasundaram rismurli at cobfac.idbsu.edu
Wed Dec 23 15:34:15 PST 1998

OSLISTers,

A list member suggested that we consider changing the name of OSLIST to
more accurately reflect its purpose and content.  The key point was that
this is more than a "list" (the term LIST is an anachronism from the early
days of LISTSERV and like tools (late '70's) which were created primarily
as a mailing list facility).

I discussed this matter with our tech honchos.   Technically, this is a
relatively painless process.   Nevertheless, it might cause a fair bit of
disruption for both current members, as well as future members who have
only the old usage instructions available.  I won't ask for a vote here,
but if you have any strong thoughts on this one way or the other, please
express them.

Thanks.

Murli
Murli Nagasundaram, Ph.D., Asst. Prof., Computer Information Systems
College of Business, Boise State University, Boise, ID 83725-1615, USA
vox: 208-426-3905; fax:(208) 426-1135
http://www.idbsu.edu/business/murli/  |  mailto:rismurli at cobfac.idbsu.edu
You can observe a lot just by watching.  -- Yogi Berra