New List Address (again (again (again)))

Murli Nagasundaram rismurli at cobfac.idbsu.edu
Tue Dec 22 13:30:30 PST 1998

The Powers-That-Be in our Information Technology Planning Group here have
decided to change our domain name.  It is currently:

             idbsu.edu

and in a few weeks will change to:
             boisestate.edu

Apparently, this is to avoid confusion with other schools that abbreviate
to BSU.

Once again, this causes a slight change in instructions for subscribing,
unsubscribing, and posting to OSLIST.

I WILL WARN YOU WHEN THE NEW REGIME BECOMES EFFECTIVE, BUT IT SHOULD BE NO
LATER THAN JAN 15, '99.

NOTE that you don't need to resubscribe to the list if you are already
subscribed:  the entire list will be transferred to the new domain name.

But you will need to send your messages to the new list address.

The new instructions:

TO SUBSCRIBE:
=============

SEND TO:

      listserv at listserv.boisestate.edu

THE MESSAGE (and nothing but the message):

      subscribe oslist

<SUBJECT field should be left BLANK>

TO UNSUBSCRIBE:
===============

SEND TO:

      listserv at listserv.boisestate.edu

THE MESSAGE (and nothing but the message):

      unsubscribe oslist

<SUBJECT field should be left BLANK>

SEND TO:

      listserv at listserv.boisestate.edu

THE MESSAGE (and EVERYTHING including the message)

<Use an appropriate SUBJECT field entry>

Regards, Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

Murli