Open Space Training

Barry Owen barryo at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 22 08:06:48 PST 1998

Greetings folks . . . The first news of the day is that there were
exactly SEVEN snowflakes fallen on Nashville this morning.

Else, I am passing along an abbreviated invitation for the OS training
in Birmingham (January 26-30) in the hope that you will pass it along to
people you think would benefit from this training. We have reduced the
cost of the registration and have put in our order for a beautiful
weather week at Tine Pines Resort & Conference Center.

Open Space Technology
An introduction to a strange new world of self-organizing systems.
with . . . Harrison Owen, the originator of Open Space Technology

What happens during the 5 days of training?

Day 1: (Evening) Expanding Now - The role of the Facilitator
Welcome, Introductions, Overview

Day 2: Setting the context - Organizations in Transformation
Chaos and Creativity - The Beginning of Transformation
First Open Space - theme: Gifts of Chaos
The Process of Transformation
Life with Open Space (Evening Fireside)

Day 3: Setting the Context (continued)
The Forms of Transformation
Second Open Space - theme: Gifts of the Spirit
Sustaining Transformation: Creating Culture that Works in Open Space

Day 4: Third Open Space - A learning Expedition
Creating Organizations that work - now and for the next millenium.

Day 5: Closing the Space
Nuts and bolts (Questions and answers)
Closing to finish at noon (plus or minus)

How to get the MOST from this training:
1)  Read Open Space Technology: A User's Guide
2)  Convene an Open Space event even if only with neighborhood children

If you REALLY want to be ready for this training:

Read Expanding Our Now

Dates: January 26-30, 1999 (reserve room for 26, 27, 28, 29)

Place: Twin Pines Resort & Conference Center - Just South of Birmingham,
Alabama

Website:  "http://twinpinesresort.com/"

Phone: 205-672-7575
Fax: 205-672-2103

Make room reservations directly with the conference center and reference
"The Owen Group"

Space is limited to the first 40 registrations only.

Costs:

Rooms, all meals, and all conference facilities
Single Occupancy: $129.91/person/night
Double Occupancy: $116.82/person/night

Registration and training fee:

$900 per person. Please make checks payable to Barry Owen in US dollars
and send to:

     Barry Owen
     The Owen Group
     5518 Kendall Drive
     Nashville, TN 37209

Please call if you are in need of an alternative cost/payment
arrangement.

Contact for additional Info:

     Barry Owen
     5518 Kendall Drive