Large Group Facilitation Seminar in S.F.

Katy Dreyfuss Katyd at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 10 15:47:42 PST 1998

Hello - I've been a quiet reader, and have responded to individuals
through the Open Space connection, but this is my first posting to the
entire list. I'm coordinating a seminar that might interest some members
of the Open Space community.  If you are interested in facilitating
large group interactive events, here's a learning opportunity to
consider:

I was so impressed after attending a three-hour seminar with Kristine
Quade-Sullivan (Minnesota OD Practitioner of the Year, 1996) and Roland
Sullivan (International OD Consultant of the Year, 1997), I volunteered
to coordinate a three-day seminar covering basic skills which are useful
in facilitating whole systems change events with groups ranging from 100
to 2,000 participants.

I was especially interested in Kristine and Roland's sensitivity to the
collective energy released into organizational systems during large
group events.

As a team, Kristine and Roland bring a rare combination of extensive
experience in facilitating large groups and in teaching facilitators all
over the world.  Together they have facilitated over 14,000 participants
in large group change meetings, usually in groups of 300-800.  They are
adjunct faculty at Pepperdine University in the MSOD program and also
teach OD and Team Building at the University of St. Thomas and Mankato
State University.  They contributed to THE ESSENTIAL HANDOOK: BEHIND THE
SCENES OF LARGE GROUP INTERACTIVE EVENTS (seminar participants will
receive a copy) and are the co-editors of a new Jossey-Bass/Pfeiffer
series on leading edge OD pratices (to be published in 1999).

We've designed the seminar carefully, to deliver an abundance of
practical information and experience, and to allow participants to soak
up the information at a reasonable pace. We'll meet for one afternoon (1
- 5 p.m.), one full day (9 a.m. - 5 p.m.), and one morning (9 a.m. - 1
p.m.), Feb. 24-26, in a bright conference room in the Financial District
of San Francisco. Lunch will be catered on the full day.

If you would like additional information about WHOLE SYSTEM
TRANSFORMATION: FACILITATING LARGE GROUP INTERACTIVE EVENTS, feel free
to write me a note or give me a call; please include your name and
address so I can send a brochure with details about change management
trends, working with large groups, who could benefit by participating in
this seminar, a description of the seminar content, seminar
registration, and more information about Kristine Quade-Sullivan and
Roland Sullivan.

Thanks!

Katy Dreyfuss
Dreyfuss Enterprises