Central American Mitch Disaster

Jim Snow jimsnow at idt.net
Wed Dec 9 09:26:32 PST 1998

Friends (even though you don't know me):
    Red-faced, I sent this to the OSList by mistake instead of to my daughter and
son-in-law (I know, this kind of mistake has never happened before, and further, no
one has ever died of embarrassment, s/he only thinks s/he will). So, still somewhat
embarrassed, apologies. Oh well, ... I also sent it to colleagues and
fellow-students at the Institute of Conflict Analysis and Resolution at George Mason
University (northern Virginia, US) - there are many who are keenly concerned with
and involved with Central and South America.
    As a reader of the listserv, but so far neither a practicioner nor a trained OS
facilitator (though with background in training in other areas), I've appreciated
being a reader ("lurker" sounds much too ominous!), and am very much interested in
the possibility of utilizing OST around diversity and racism issues on campus.
Building the legitimatizing platform from which to do this is the somewhat slow
process. This is just to let you know that at least one silent member is still
gaining much from your thinking and conversations. Thank you to all.
Jim Snow