Concluding Open Space

Parkinson & Gibeault dgp at cyberus.ca
Sun Aug 23 14:33:37 PDT 1998

Hello Esther,

It has been a while that we have not talked. I was happy to hear from you
through this chat list last June. Holidays and folly at work before and after
delayed me in saying thanks for your comments.

I found your partner's idea of 3 different coloured dots quite interesting. I
am curious as to how people defined "where the head was". Was it where they
personnally thought the organization should go (priority) or where they
thought it actually was? Could the organization also interpret  the heart dots
as priorities? How would you sort out what priority to choose at the end. If I
understand well,  there was a whole group discussion to sort that out but such
a discussion may be difficult to hold with large numbers..

How did people who put a dot of "where you were prepared to spend your time"
actually identify themselves to then form action planningg groups? Were the
action planning groups organized based on where most people had put their time
dot?

It's great to explore more creative ways to share information in the group and
to connect people. Thanks for opening this new avenue.

Diane Gibeault