Super Supervisor

Terry Gibson terry.gibson at virgin.net
Fri Aug 7 15:38:12 PDT 1998

Hello OSLIST

I'm looking for examples of corporations who have discovered the power
of OS over traditional training in the specific realm of supervisor
development.

The initial request was to search out a 'best practice' template:

- ------"Can you, as a training provider (of some repute!!), perhaps
suggest
areas in which it may be profitable to research or comment on how
courses are structured or indeed what are the main attributes you see as

going towards making the 'Super' Supervisor." -------------

I see this as a real opportunity for the supervisors and supervised to
enter OS and take responsibility for their own development needs. But
first I have to convince some die hard, didactic trainers from a
multinational HR department (oil industry) that OS has a track record of
effective and successful change and is an ideal starting point towards
the development of the 'Super Supervisor'.

I would be most grateful for your success stories, especially where they
include solid business and bottom line evidence. And any advice on a
persuasive approach would be welcomed.

Terry Gibson
terry.gibson at virgin.net