thank you

uwe weissflog uwe.weissflog at sdrc.com
Thu Apr 30 08:16:41 PDT 1998

Birgitt,

your comments regarding "sacred geometry" refer to a point of view that I
share. I've facilitated several Open Space events in the past 12 month using the
steps as described by Harrison. But I also have been part of other events that
created similar experiences. On top of this, my "thinking" point of view is strongly
influenced by Eastern Philosophy and David Bohm, in particular his description
of how thought functions (see "On Dialogue).

If we take these views together there is the possibility that not we, but the
"environment" creates "open space". When I use the term "environment" I include
physical as well as non-physical "things". If we now use Bohm's thoughts on "how
thought happens" as an analogy, it might be that such environments work like
force fields that actually are the reason why things happen. In case of "OST" this
is expressed in the circle, the principles, the law, and the market place.
Together they create a structure that "forces" us to be open,i.e. basically we are
not in control and can not resist it. Another analogy I found helpful in this
context is a laser. When ordinary light enters the environment of the laser, what
creates the laser beam is not the light, but the physical setup of the laser
itself. Water is also a good example. Whether it is a quiet lake, a raging river, or
a tidal wave; water can not resist these forms because of the environments that
create them.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for summarizing the contributions
regarding this subject.
Uwe