"modified open space"

Larry Peterson lpasoc at inforamp.net
Tue Apr 21 14:15:51 PDT 1998

Open Space and the principles and law (an perspective on spirit) that inform
it are now inform almost every thing I do. I have used meeting process that
is more guided than Open Space, but included some of the same
principles--and have created the conditions for spirit in this way. I have
done that twice in the last two months with very successful results for the
client--they loved it, but it was not Open Space and I was very clear about
that.

Since there is no TM, it will be used and abused. It means that we will have
to keep the power and effectiveness of "true" Open Space moving
forward--true connection to spirit. Is that "purist", I don't know. It is
all that I can do or be.

Birgitt seems to get lots of opportunties to raise these issues in the right
places, leading to great results. Thanks.