Follow up

Matthias zur Bonsen mzurbonsen at compuserve.com
Wed Jun 4 02:36:09 PDT 1997

Hello all,

this list seems to be quite silent recently. I would like to make a new
start with a theme very important to me: follow up after an open space
event.

I facilitated several open spaces in companies in Germany. Only the last
time I reconvened the group of conveners about six weeks after the
conference. They were 18, the open space in April was attended by 65. The
18 conveners initiated 22 groups during those 1.5 days + 3 hours
priorization on the third morning.

I found it very valuable to bring the conveners together a few days ago.
They presented how implementation of the results of their groups is
going. Then they discussed in small groups what difficulties they faced
and how these could be overcome. The three small groups presented to the
plenary. Management was present.

The conveners apreciated getting information about what there collegues
did. Management learned where it could give more support. A "lead group"
was identified. That means the results of that group are important input
for other groups. It was decided to hold a facilitated 2-day workshop for
that lead group + top management.

My question is: Did anybody of you do similar things? How did you do it?
Did somebody do it with larger numbers of conveners? What did you learn
from it?

Matthias zur Bonsen
Frankfurt, Germany
mzurbonsen at compuserve.com