[OSList] Soliciting Open Space facilitation/organization "feedback"

Harold Shinsato harold at shinsato.com
Wed May 25 13:45:01 PDT 2011

Michael, Lisa, Spark, Peggy,

Thank you for reinforcing my negative reaction to this one person's call
for a "formal feedback process" during the closing circle. It's not like
any of the chaorganizers are invisible and hidden. People are welcome to
send us feedback already, and many have both privately, in the closing
circle, and on facebook and twitter. At first I thought "no thanks,
maybe next year", then I thought I remembered JTM had a feedback form
that I had filled out. I thought, wow, if Peggy does it maybe it's
worthwhile. (I hope I'm not a Peggy groupie!)

I do like the idea of finding ways to get a *small* amount of feedback
around the food, the timing, the venue, and some of the other details
made around facilitation - but actually I think I already know the
adjustments needed. Perhaps the best thing I could do is sit down with
the one person who wanted a formal feedback process and do an
Appreciative Inquiry interview with him.

And maybe there's a more fun way to collect testimonials. I usually
really dislike survey forms almost as much as I dislike my annual tax
forms. Thanks for the cogent responses I can pass on to the others who
helped facilitate and host the event.

     Cheers!
     Harold

--