[OSList] Who is BS-ing Whom?

Michael M Pannwitz mmpannwitz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 06:45:50 PST 2022

Dear Mark, John and all you other Peacemakers out there,

when Harrison took the manuscript of "The Practice of Peace" to his
publisher Berrett-Koehler at the beginning of the present millenium they
felt it didn't fit into their program...

He and everybody else were surprised about being surprised that this was
not the end of the book.
What happened?

Not only believing but knowing what the force of selforganisation is
capable of doing when finding enough space to unfold, Harrison signaled
to all of us that the book can be printed and distributed without any
strings attached.
Or in othe words, expanded the space.
What happened?

In no time flat the book was printed and distributed and later also
translated by folks in 8 countries around the globe in North America,
Europe, near and far Asia (from the European point of view), Australia,
the Caribic ... (see "A NOTE ON THIS PUBLICATION" on the second page of
The Practice of Peace as published two years later by the Human Systems
Dynamics Institute).

Harrison called this phenomenon the "Global Chaordic
Publication".

It is the string "Who is BS-ing Whom?" that instantly fired up my
synapses which resurfaced this phehomenon... and my thoughts later on.

Mulling over the current pandemic lets me wonder what incited the worst
pandemics on the globe.
Not surprising myself in any serious fashion I felt it is us ouselves...
like the creature in Pogo looking in a mirror seeing his enemy, see here
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_have_met_the_enemy

And what is it, at the core, that causes this disaster? Which virus is
that? What is the name of the disease this virus creates?
How about "control", the only real enemy of "selforganisation".
And who is best at controlling.
Yep, us.

What was the impedement to publishing "The Practice of Peace"? What
hindered an established, mainstream and well known publisher to turn
down a book from an author that had a vision?

If we start controlling OSLIST it will lose its meaning.

This does not mean that illegal content can be shown on OSLISt.
In Germany, for instance, and other countries in which German is the
main language and a dozen other countries it is illegal and punishable
to deny the holocaust. It is a crime to spread such "opinions" punished
in Germany by 3 months up to 5 years imprisonment.

It seems to me that I would feel much better if our exchange is as broad
as possible... it would expand the space for the most powerful and
sustained force we know of.

Greetings from Berlin where neighbors and friends and family come by on
this sunny winterday with a bit of snow ... curious to see what I look
like at the end of my 82nd year.

Cheers
mmp