[OSList] Space invaders and using your two feet

Michael Herman michael at michaelherman.com
Sun Feb 20 20:11:37 PST 2022

for me, it actually is a kind of law:  "you and only you know when you are
learning and contributing as much as you can."

a law, as chris corrigan taught me to say, "...that's not like a speed
limit, but more like the law of gravity.  defy it at your own risk!"

having pointed this out in an opening circle, i then suggest that everyone
in circle has the same job, the right AND the responsibility, to use their
two feet and/or whatever else they use to get around, to go wherever they
need to, to maximize their own learning and contribution.

in the end we don't care if they move... what we want is highest learning
and highest contribution.

for me, in open space, personal passion/freedom is always bounded/informed
by responsibility/contribution to the whole.

i think our pulsation between these apparent opposites, passion and
responsibility, learning and contributing, me and us, past and future, and
so on... is what drives it all.  we can't get stuck.  we have to keep
moving.  each of us, for all of us.

learning and practicing this kind of pulsation, between apparent opposites,
is for me the most important thing we invite in open space.  it's in the
going back and forth that strengthens us.

michael

--

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates

MichaelHerman.com
OpenSpaceWorld.org

On Sun, Feb 20, 2022 at 12:49 PM paul levy via OSList <