[OSList] Ynt: September 22, 2021 event: Businesses as social learning organizations

Michael M Pannwitz mmpannwitz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 14:57:29 PDT 2021

Dear Funda,

in my world all questions are meaningful.

Tony asks:
"How do we promote listening and learning within and beyond organizations?"

Thats a meaningful question.

I responded with:
"I wonder why "we" want to promote "listening and learning" and who
might the "we" be."

I still wonder who the "we" is?

Tonys question seems to be based on the assumption that "we" are all of
us. That is in my view all of us as facilitators of ost gatherings.

You say, space has a lot do with listening and learning.
Thats something that you and probably also others looking at an ost
gathering (I assume here that this is what you mean with space) can observe.
It is something that I have also observed in many situations and
designs. Its not specific for an ost gathering.

Is "listening and learning" not only one of dozens of other things we
observe in an ost-gathering?
Is "listening and learning" simply only one of many other side-effects
or by-product of a setting that unfolds by expanding time and space for
selforganisation manifesting?

Do we promote any of those many side-effects or by-products that we
observe in ost-gatherings?

Back to the "we" in the meaning of us as facilitators of ost gatherings.
I wonder what it is that I or we "promote" as facilitators of ost
gatherings.
How does promoting something jives with "total presence and absolute
invisibility"?

Why is it so liberating and enjoyable and fun NOT to promote anything in
my role as facilitator and observe how everything needed happens
especially well when I stay out of the way?

Greetings from Berlin where I hope we will have the WOSonOS that was
originally planned here for 2020 in 2022... and to see you again!

mmp

<https://deepadaptation.ning.com/events/businesses-as-social-learning-organizations=show?commentId=7223864%3AComment%3A151074&xg_source=msg_com_event>:
 >     How do we promote listening and learning within and beyond
 >     organizations? _*session tomorrow! *_
 >
 >     Please see the details of the event and link below:
 >     • Date / time: Wednesday, 22 September 2021 at 5:00 pm UTC – 7:00 pm
 >     UTC (check for your local time for the event here:
 >     https://everytimezone.com/s/d8d9d485)
 >     <https://everytimezone.com/s/d8d9d485)>.
 >     • Zoom link:https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87428967425
 >     <https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87428967425>
 >
 >     We look forward to getting together with as many of you as are able
 >     to participate. If you aren’t able to join us, we encourage you to
 >     send us your thoughts on how all of us can best utilize the BFG
 >     forum to carry out our collective objectives.
 >     <https://deepadaptation.ning.com/>
 >     Viviana Jiménez Jim Lancaster

 >     Stay Safe & Well, Tony Budak
 >
 >     On 9/21/2021 7:03 AM, Michael M Pannwitz via OSList wrote:
 >>     Dear Tony and Funda,
 >>
 >>     I wonder why "we" want to promote "listening and learning" and who
 >>     might the "we" be.
 >>
 >>     cheers from Berlin
 >>     ciao
 >>     mmp
 >     --
 >     Stay Safe & Well, Tony Budak
 >     P.S. All unpaid work sharing ideas, hosting events,
 >     attending gatherings, providing services, accrues valuable
 >     Learning Time Credits in the Time to Learn Network.
 >     <https://hourworld.org/bank/?hw=1968>

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
++49 - 30-772 8000     mmpannwitz at gmail.com