[OSList] Test...

Jeff Aitken r.jeff.aitken at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 13:58:53 PDT 2021

I dont have a neighborhood story. But a region story of sorts. The Sonoma
County (California) Land Use and Transportation Coalition, and the
Leadership Institute for Ecology and the Economy, were inviting the public
to a forum on the present and future of these vital issues in the county.

It was a day of Open Space at a community center. There were 75
participants, and 20 topics were convened. The sponsor chose not to request
any formal convergence or follow-up. Which limited the data on ongoing
impacts.

My best general sense of the meeting was this: At the beginning, folks
wondered if there was too much diversity of opinion and perspective in the
room. At the end, folks wished there had been even more diversity of
opinion and perspective in the room.

Topics that had been stuck in loops for years finally had the space to be
engaged and moved to new levels. Folks got freer and the conversations in
the county got opened up. I do wish there was data which good convergence
and evaluation practices could gather.

Warmly,
Jeff