[OSList] Mitchell on Meetings - new series in the UK

Romy Shovelton romy.shovelton at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 11:01:35 PST 2021

Hi all,

I new (short) series on meetings, by the comedian David Mitchell, has just aired on BBC Radio 4. Hilarious and serious at the same time.

SO…. I have just written to their Producer of the series:

Hi Chris,

Just listened to the brilliant first episode of Mitchell on Meetings ! Congratulations. 😀

It seems that the series has just 3 episodes? I'm really looking forward to the next two.

Meanwhile... if you might be considering another episode sometime, I wonder whether you might like to hear something of a way of holding meetings for 10,000 (so far!), with no agenda ?!

Based on Self Organising Systems, Open Space Technology (OST) has been used by companies, governments and communities around the world for many decades - allowing everyone to speak, generating huge passion and long-lasting effects.

OST or Open Space was originated by Harrison Owen. Considered an 'elder' of the Open Space community, I would be very happy to have a brief chat with you, to see if this way of meeting might be fun to include in another episode.

In the UK, I have tales of working this way with The Cabinet Office, the theatre community, local councils, Daimler Chrysler, Deloitte... and many many others.

If you'd like to see a little behind OST/Open Space, here are a couple of links, amongst many:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Space_Technology
https://openspaceworld.org/wp2/what-is/

It would be great to in touch Chris. I'm on 07767 370739 for a chat, or romy.shovelton at gmail.com.

Thanks so much to you and David for the inspiration of Mitchell on Meetings !

warmly

Romy (Shovelton)
Wikima & Tyddyn Retreat
www.walescottageandvenue.com