[OSList] Purpose

Michael Herman michael at michaelherman.com
Thu Jan 28 23:00:33 PST 2021

try openspaceworld.org/oslist for purpose and guide.

the oslist has been unmoderated since it began in 1996.

there have been three admins.  murli nagasundaram was a prof at boise state
university and got the list started, hosted by the university.  when he
left the uni, our list was one of the biggest and most active in the whole
uni.  respecting that, they let me continue as moderator-in-fact, with an
IT staff member listed as the nominal admin.  fact is, there was hardly
anything to do, except dogging the occasional repeating echo of a vacation
autoresponder.

when bsu finally asked us to move on, harold created the current instance
of the list, saving all of the archives, and has done all the real admin
work bsu used to do for us.

--

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates

MichaelHerman.com
OpenSpaceWorld.org

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 10:57 PM Tony Budak via OSList <