[OSList] Creative New Jersey -> Gathering Ground

Marc C. Trudeau marctrudeau at alum.wpi.edu
Thu Dec 9 09:52:20 PST 2021

❤️👋🏻

Marc Trudeau
mobile 774-641-8302
LikeBreathin.com<http://LikeBreathin.com>
Effective teamwork and team leadership feel nearly effortless, Like Breathin’​. Partner with us to experience how.

On Dec 8, 2021, at 5:04 PM, Suzanne Daigle via OSList <oslist at lists.openspacetech.org<mailto:oslist at lists.openspacetech.org>> wrote:

Dear Jeff, Peggy and all!
A short note now that will be followed by something longer a little later.
Creative New Jersey is an Open Space love story that Chuni Li and I had the privilege to be part of. It is one of my most treasured client engagements, one that lives up to what we often say in this work. That after it is done, they will forget we were ever there. Because they owned it, they lived it and they ran with it. And indeed they did!

This past year I have been consumed by a project near and dear to my heart. I’m in the process of writing a very intimate and personal book on Open Space. Not done yet but soon. The title: “Open Space on the Open Road: A Love Story”. The 2-day Open Space that took place is featured in one of the chapters.

A silver lining from this New Jersey tale is the life long friendship that ensued between Chuni and I which includes her family. For days many times over, I stayed at her home as we worked on this project.  Later,  many other colleagues from around the world also stayed at Chuni’s home hosted by the extended Li family after the annual Peace and High Performance gathering in January in New York. What memories all because of this wonderful event.

And because Harrison Owen had this crazy idea to put Chuni Li and I together more than a decade ago. Some time later, people from this group would invite Harrison to do a Ted Talk in New Jersey, the wonderful Dance of Shiva. A gang of us were there in the audience to hear it.
https://youtu.be/APD7oQ3xrSA

Chuni may also want to weigh in on this Creative New Jersey story from her perspective. I just wanted to share the back story and savor the memory a bit more before thin telling the tale of what happened there.

With much love to all on this list, after a joyful Thanksgiving, with Hanukkah just past and Christmas soon at our door.

 Apologies that I’ve not been on the list much in recent years.

Suzanne