[OSList] How many countries are in the world map

Michael M Pannwitz mmpannwitz at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 05:06:40 PDT 2020

Dear Thomas,

you can always see the current number of countries where ost has been
used by looking at the signature I use for emails:

"See the Open Space World Map with 507 Open Space Workers living in 77
countries and active in 142 countries worldwide: www.openspaceworldmap.org"

(Die deutsche Signatur ist etwas anders, siehe hier: "In der Open Space
World Map tummeln sich 160 Menschen, die in Deutschland, Österreich und
der Schweiz mit dem open space Verfahren arbeiten.
Weltweit sind es 507 aus 77 Ländern, die in 142 Ländern os verbreiten.")

This note differentiates between countries for which entries are listed
for folks actually living and working in that country and countries
(including the 77) in which ost workers have also been active. Not long
ago, one country dropped out when the resident colleague deleted his entry.

If you click on a specific person, lets say the fellow that always wears
a hat except in the picture he chose for the world map
> https://www.openspaceworldmap.org/worker/harrison-owen

you will see that he lives and works in the USA, giving his mailing
address (two in fact, one for Summer and one for the rest of the year)
etc. and scrolling all the way down you see at the very end all the
countries that he has worked in with ost, in this case 26, not a world
record but pretty worldwide.

Astounding is that even though we are 800 plus in OSLIST, only 507 have
included themselves in the map (many being seen in the map are not on
OSLIST... which also has to do with the observation that our list is not
multilingual and yes, there are many out there that are not familiar
enough with English to particiate, some occasionally use their mother
tongue but with minimal response... )

Greetings from a pleasant early fall day in Berlin where I am gathering
the last raspberries in our garden and checking the apples every other day

cheers
mmp

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin
++49 - 30-772 8000     mmpannwitz at gmail.com

In der Open Space World Map tummeln sich 160 Menschen, die in
Deutschland, Österreich und der Schweiz mit dem open space Verfahren
arbeiten.
Weltweit sind es 507 aus 77 Ländern, die in 142 Ländern os verbreiten.
Mal reinschauen:  http://www.openspaceworldmap.org/

Bei Westkreuz gibts Bücher/e-Bücher, Kärtchensätze und Schätze auf
Deutsch und Englisch zu und um open space herum, auch mehrsprachige.
https://www.westkreuz-verlag.de/de/Kommunikation