[OSList] Are we bugged?

Harold Shinsato harold at shinsato.com
Sat Oct 31 09:34:08 PDT 2020

Hi Doug,

I'm having severe problems with Google mail, and I no longer trust
Google (for many reasons). They have at times sorted my emails into the
spam folder for unknown reasons. I discovered yesterday Google blocked
one of my shinsato.com emails, even though my harold at shinsato.com is a
validated email address for Gmail!!!  I am in the process of
disconnecting from Google, which is painful and slow as they do have
excellent industry leading products. But I believe they are abusing
their leadership.

Even so, Google is a behemoth that can't be ignored. My solution is not
a solution everyone can employ. So I will do what I can.

Many years ago, I made the domain for the OSList a Google Verified one.
But they still are judging us, and it looks like the judgement is
getting ever worse. A couple weeks ago I added SSL to openspacetech.org,
and clearly that did not help.

It might be that our links are not SSL links. Maybe that will help. I've
sent a request to DreamHost. I'll keep trying things. But I'm not sure
Google will be happy unless we abandon the OSList and switch to a Google
product.

     Harold

--
Harold Shinsato