[OSList] QiQo Chat (or...) for 450 Folks?

Lucas Cioffi lucas at qiqochat.com
Mon Oct 19 23:25:35 PDT 2020

Hello Marc,

According to Zoom documentation
<https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206476313-Managing-Breakout-Rooms#:~:text=You%20can%20create%20up%20to,before%20the%20meeting%20is%20started.>,
Zoom alone, you can have a total of 200 people across 50 breakout rooms.

At Qiqo, we partner with facilitators with tech services and a tech
platform. The largest event on Qiqo had 1200 simultaneous users and I
estimate that we can hold 1500-2500 in a single event.  Qiqo can handle 100
breakout spaces, each of which is connected to a separate Zoom meeting
(with recording, screensharing, and even Zoom breakouts).  Our largest open
space <https://qiqochat.com/e/MvyTcqPigQwkITNRJXPMGbpWA> (facilitated by
Heid Nobantu Saul) was 2 days for 680+ landscape architects who had not
experienced OST before.  The book of proceedings and video summary is here
<https://cutfill.qiqochat.com>.

Qiqo meetings can accommodate 300 by default, and for larger events, we
purchase larger meeting capacity from Zoom for 500 or 1000 participants.

Here are some video interviews
<https://qiqochat.wordpress.com/2020/07/02/facilitator-interview-series/>
with people on the OSList who have used Qiqo for online open spaces and
other events.  The most recent video is Online Open Space with François
Knuchel and Karen Gimnig <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riijh3DOWnk>.

Lucas Cioffi
Lead Software Engineer, QiqoChat.com
Scarsdale, NY
917-528-1831

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 9:58 AM Marc C. Trudeau via OSList <