[OSList] Meeting of the tribes: Our gifts for crisis and change

Rolf Schneidereit schneidereit at gut-moderiert.de
Tue Mar 31 00:46:40 PDT 2020

Dear Mates,

would like to get your feedback. I'm wondering: is now the time to intensify the exchange between tribes like Art of Hosting, Open Space, Liberating Structures, World Café; Theory U and many others?

With all individual differences - we share extraordinary times. We're facing an urgent crisis which will cost many lives, we're shure to expect the next economical crisis and we're amid the fast expanding crisis of the ecosystem and the climate.

Could it be helpful in this situation if the different streams for liberation, participation, collective intelligence, deep dialogue and so on comes together to share their insights, their initiatives, their gifts? How can we support each other to support the common good and the necessary transition?

What do you think and sense? I'm going to sent this question to the AoH- and the OS-List. If this call resonates with you feel free to sent it to other communities you belong to.

And how?
The idea appears after a virtual Open Space. One insight: We can do a really large gathering online. After that I've offered Lucas Cioffi from Qiqochat a sponsorship for an online event with up to 300 participants but he declined: He will offer the use of Qiqochat for such an event for free! What we can do there (for example):
- Check-in (perhaps as Impromptu Networking)
- conversation café in small circles (recommendation of Christine Koehler)
- Open Space
- Harvesting
- Check-out

If there is a encouraging feedback the next step will be a first preparation (zoom) call. Can you imagine to support and host such a call?

Looking forward to your response
(or not - following the Law of two feets)

Rolf