[OSList] Freedom Is Slavery

Daniel Mezick dan at newtechusa.net
Fri Mar 27 06:55:44 PDT 2020

This sequence occurred to me today:

Ignorance is Strength

Freedom is Slavery

Distancing is Social

Some of you may be a little too young to remember the origin of the first two statements. They are from the George Orwell book, 1984.

That book describes a totalitarian dystopia.

I believe most of the people here align philosophically, on the idea of liberty. On the idea of freedom.

The Law of 2 Feet embodies the ideas of freedom and liberty. And personal sovereignty. Personal responsibility.

But wait: Maybe the Law of 2 Feet is being repealed by government, on a global scale. All in the same of safety. In the name of security.

Question: Is this just for the time being?

Or until further notice?

Which is it?

Here is a reference link. A video.

I'm inviting you specifically skip to 8:10 and listen for 5 minutes or so, to learn a little bit, and then decide if it's worth a further investment of your valuable time and attention:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CCVUc5ZMZo

It is my hope that you take a look. You might want to set aside some time, and get a beer or a glass of wine, and just kind of absorb the content being presented here.

Thank you.

-Daniel