[OSList] A place to connect for live chat with OST facilitators

Lucas Cioffi lucas at qiqochat.com
Sun Mar 22 06:40:42 PDT 2020

Hi All,

A few years ago, someone set up a Slack community for Liberating Structures
facilitators which now has over 3000 members.

OST is included in their list of over 30 powerful "liberating structures",
so we as OST facilitators are absolutely welcome to join that community at
this link: http://bit.ly/libstrucslack

These are complementary and not competitive tools.  That Slack community
will never replace the OS List because you can't have the deep, thoughtful
exchanges we have here.

However, that Slack community provides an indicator of who is online right
now, and that makes it very easy to reach out to them without having to
dial an international phone number.  It's perfect when you need to connect
with someone on the OS List live for a quick written chat, and if you need
to move the conversation to an audio chat you can share a Zoom link with
them or even move to the online Zoom "gardens" (thanks to Suzanne Daigle's
inspiration) that I created for everyone on the OS List to use here:
https://openspace.qiqochat.com

*Orientation to Slack*
1. It's not necessary, but you can download the Slack "app"
<https://slack.com/downloads> for your computer or phone.  This way you can
have it open whether or not you are browsing the web.  Whenever you have it
open, your "dot" is green, so others see they can reach out to you for 1-1
chats.

2. Slack has a little bit of a learning curve, but I promise you it is 100%
worth it.

   - All communication happens in different "channels" kinda like different
   channels on a TV.
   - You arrive at the general channel.
   - If you want to find the "openspace" channel then click "Channels" on
   the left and type in "openspace".
   - When you arrive, you can click the "Join" button.  Once you have
   joined, the channel will remain visible on the left side in your list of
   channels.  When there are new messages in that channel, the channel name
   turns bold.

The key with Slack is that you are not expected to read every message --
there are too many in the group channels and that's a good thing!  Just dip
in where you want.

Please follow-up with any questions.  Did the steps above work for you?
What needs to be more clear?

Lucas Cioffi
Founder, QiqoChat.com
Scarsdale, NY