[OSList] A Video Chat Networking Game (Thursday, July 2nd)

Lucas Cioffi lucas at qiqochat.com
Mon Jun 29 16:15:45 PDT 2020

Hello OS List,

The following networking experiment is open to various networks of online
facilitators including NCDD, Art of Hosting, Liberating Structures, and the
Open Space List.

This event will be playful, fun, and productive.  We are combining Zoom
with a 2-dimensional video game that uses in-browser video.  (screenshot
attached)

Round 2 takes place this Thursday, July 2nd at 11am Eastern / 8am Pacific /
3pm UTC / 5pm CEST.  From the first round last week we learned that
everyone should meet in Zoom before they dive into the game.  In this
round, we have different gameboards you can jump into (an office, a park,
the pub, etc).

*Please RSVP here
<https://qiqochat.com/e/vsSkegjBmvpgJgNtKQTNOaLeC/GzfNEYQFTZKpuqXFvPOZqpiue>.*

This is the interesting game dynamic: As with in-person networking, when
you walk close to someone, you can speak to them.  In the game, when you
walk up to a group of people, you all appear in the same video chat.

Lucas Cioffi
Lead Software Engineer, QiqoChat.com
Scarsdale, NY
917-528-1831