[OSList] The wisdom of Lisa.... shared.....

Elwin and Joan elwinandjoan at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 7 10:47:17 PDT 2020

 Dear God,
I can only echo Romy's opening paragraph.  You have made a "difference" for all who know you.peaceeg
    On Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 02:58:19 AM EDT, Romy Shovelton via OSList <oslist at lists.openspacetech.org> wrote:

 Dearest Lisa,
I sit here in a kind of stunned silence having taken in all the wisdom that you have so generously shared, even when that took much physical effort right now. How the world has been touched by your wisdom and your determination and your ACTIONs…. How lucky we are to have shared some of those times with you. Thank you.
And now, Life is delivering some enforced rest for you. Thank goodness you have your loving wife with you.
I’m sure the last thing you want or need is any advice or ‘me too’ stories ! And at the risk of being one of those annoying people, may I just quickly share that in the early 80s I had a dance with ME/CFS, and still need to listen very closely to the signals my body gives me.
Back then I arrived at a point when, not only could I not speak, I couldn’t even listen eg. to kind friends who visited, it was too exhausting. Thanks to a naturopath, with fasting & who knows what, that I cannot even remember as I was too ‘out of it’ at the time, I began to emerge a little. Then I sailed around Australia in a small boat for a year (with two other people) = lots of doing nothing except watching yet more sea and yet more sky….and a complete change from my usual life. I began to emerge some more.
Then I read a little book on ME by Erica White, who understands the link between ME and what we eat. I went to see her. Gradually I returned to a gentle strength. Now, I am well… while still watching those moments when I become what I can “dangerously tired”, which is a different kind of tired. When my body says rest, I lie down (usually a couple of hours each afternoon). You may have heard of Dr. Sarah Myhill. I know Sarah and have been a patient of hers for many years. She has some very helpful information to share on her website.
OK… there… I’ve done what I felt might be annoying…. and I just trust that perhaps some of it might be useful to you dear Lisa. When your strength is sufficient, and should you ever feel called to visit the mountains, lakes, sea shores and more of wonderful Wales, there is a space here at Tyddyn Retreat for you and your wife, to stay, rest, revive and nourish some more.
With HUGE love…. and a big squishy hug
Romy
PS I made a little film about having ME. It’s always a good reminder to me about how precious life is and how I need to listen and listen to my one dear and precious body. 😊

Romy Shovelton

Executive Director
Wikima and the 5* Tyddyn Retreat
Mid Wales Venue & Holiday Cottages