[OSList] OSlist post - Shift from sceptical to engaged

Gijs gijs at megainternational.com.hk
Tue Jan 28 23:59:02 PST 2020

_Shift from sceptical to engaged_   80 PEOPLE IN OST IN PRE-BUDGET
MEETING IN SUZHOU, CHINA   The entire management team from an
international consultancy company with Asia offices in Seoul, Hong Kong
and several Mainland China Cities came together for their annual budget
meetings. With the objective to give all participants a space to voice
out and to address topics they cared for, I was asked to facilitate the
OST process before they would move on to the traditional budget
meetings. Although some people had seen me before, and experienced the
process the previous year during an other 2-day OST event, in Korea the
opening was still exiting; "who is the first to walk into the circle,
grabs a piece of paper to announce a topic of passion with the intent to
take responsibility?" ...... This moment remains fascinating to
experience. Every time it proofs to be easy and quickly for people move
from the "sceptical" to the "engaged"mindset. I consider myself every
time lucky for this experience. Thanks to Harrison, Thanks to Gail and
Thanks to Open Space. May many experience both the OST process as a
participant or as facilitator.

Gijs van WezeL, MSc.

 Supporting
Personal Development and Team Collaborative Processes

www.gijsvanwezel.com

 +60-173719727Gijs van WezeL, MSc.

 "Asking
questions - rather then telling- is the best way of mentally engaging
people".